biw Fixture design interview questions
How should you prepare for the biw fixture design interview?
Most engineers working in the BIW fixture domain change their jobs for various reasons, such as career growth, market situation, and others. If you are a fresher or experienced engineer, you may be curious about the types of questions that will be asked in a job interview.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the specific questions that will be asked will depend on the job requirement, the company, the work area (OEM, Tier 1, line builder, or engineering service company), the experience of the interviewer, and what you have written in your resume.
However, I will try to give you a few examples of questions that you may be asked, especially if the interviewer is looking for someone to do BIW fixture design and detailing work
biw fixture design interview question and answers
Mastering BIW Fixture Design Techniques: Insights from Experts
In this video, we’ll share insights on BIW fixture design techniques from an experienced professional. BIW fixture design is a critical element of job-oriented mechanical design courses, and it can take some work to get the right results the first time. In this video, we’ll share tips on designing BIW fixtures using the Catia V5 software. After watching this video, you’ll have the skills to produce high-quality fixtures quickly and efficiently! Learn in and out of BIW Fixture Design from industry experts #design #mcad #catia #biwfixturedesign. In this lecture, we will discuss the basics of BIW fixture design. We will cover the different types of BIW fixtures, the factors that need to be considered when designing BIW fixtures, and the design process for BIW fixtures.
What is BIW Fixture Design? BIW fixture design designs fixtures that hold body-in-white (BIW) components in place during manufacturing. BIW fixtures are an essential part of the manufacturing process, and they require the skills and expertise of a mechanical design engineer. Types of BIW Fixtures There are many different BIW fixtures, each with its specific purpose. Some of the most common BIW fixtures include Welding, Measuring, Assembling, and Painting. Factors to Consider When Designing BIW Fixtures Many factors need to be considered when designing BIW fixtures. Some of the most critical factors include The type of BIW component that the fixture will be used for, The manufacturing process that the fixture will be used in, The accuracy requirements of the fixture, and The cost of the fixture Design Process for BIW Fixtures. The design process for BIW fixtures typically involves the following steps:
- Define the needs of the fixture.
- Select the materials for the fixture.
- Design the fixture.
- Build the fixture.
- Test the fixture.
Conclusion In this lecture, we discussed BIW fixture design basics. We have covered the different types of BIW fixtures, the factors that need to be considered when designing BIW fixtures, and the design process for BIW fixtures. I hope this lecture has been informative. Thank you for watching!
Do you need to do hardening for Mylar? Which hardening process?
What is Induction hardening
What is Flame hardening
Here are some questions that an interviewer might ask a candidate for a BIW fixture design and detailing position:
1) What is BIW?
2) What is 3-2-1- principle? Please explain.
3) What is PLP or RPS ? Please explain
4) Why shimming is used in BIW fixture?
5) Why 2 way shimming is used?
6) What is Mylar? or What is Rest block or Clamp block? Explain.
7) What is Riser? Is it gascut or welded structure?
8) Why dowels are used in BIW?
9) What is tolerance on dowel?
10) What is the general thickness of Mylar?
11) Do you need to do hardening for Mylar? Which hardening process?
12) What is a 4 way or 2-way location?
29) What should be the distance between two spots?
30) What should be min? flange width for welding of 2 panels?
31) How many panels can be spot welded together 2,3 or 4 panels at a time?
32) What should be the thickness ratio for welding 2 or 3 panels?
33) Can we weld 0.5 mm thick with 2mm?
34) What is cycle time?
35) What is takt time?
36) How much time it takes to weld one spot?
37) What is the weld sequence?
38) How much current needed to do spot weld?
39) What is C or X or Y gun?
40) What is IT or Non-IT Gun?
41) What is the diameter of the welding electrode?
42) How weld strength is checked? What are the different tests?
44) What is the general diameter of the electrode?
45) What is the material of the electrode?
46) After how many spots electrode has to be changed?
47) What is tip dressing?
48) How many times I can use the main PLP location hole?
49) Why I need a flanged hole?
50) What is the panel inspection fixture? Why it is necessary?
52) What is the working height of the manual welding fixture?
55) What is a proximity sensor? Why it is used?
56) What is NAAMS Standard?
57) What will be tolerance on mylar block if it fitted on Riser? Clear, tight or interference fit
58) Why water is used in spot welding gun?
59) Can we do aluminum panel welding?
60) What is roller hemming? Where it is used?
61) How hemming is done?
62) What should be the height of the panel for roller hemming?
63) How many steps followed for roller hemming?
64) How much height we should have at the corner of the door?
65) Why sealant used in BIW?
66) What is the difference between the coated sheet and non coated sheet?
67) Which panel needed max current coated or non coated?
68) What is puddle welding?
69) What is MIG welding? Is it used in car BIW?
70) How Mylars are checked?
71) What is the purpose of CMM machine in BIW?
72) What is FARO?
73) What is the accuracy of FARO Arm?
74) What is the general speed of roller hemming robot ( in terms of mm/min)
75) What is toggle clamp?
76) Why toggle clamp used in the BIW welding fixture?
77) Why toggle clamp pivot point and PLP should be in one line?
78) What is gripper?
77) Why grippers are used?
79) Can I mount weld gun and gripper on the same robot?
80) What are light curtains?
81) What is gantry?
82) What is the lift and carry mechanism?
83) What is the shuttle system?
84) What is the framing station?
85) What is Geo Station?
86) What is respot station?
87) What is the chisel test?
88) What is S-Grun material?
89) What is Teflon material?
90) Why stress relieving has to be done after welding?
91) Why dowel holes are made on base plates?
92) What is blackodising ? Why it is done?
93) Do you apply pressure on a panel during toggle clamping?
94) Why BIW tools are designed for Left-Hand side only? For Chassis component
95) What are carlines?
96) Where is car origin? X=0,Y=0,Z=0
97) Why one round hole and one slot strategy followed for deciding PLP of the panel?
98) Is it possible to use Hole -Hole strategy? Who is using it now?
99) Can we weld aluminum with steel?
100) What is water jet cutting? Is it used in BIW fixturing?
101) What is gas cutting? Can I cut St 52-3 mat. 200thk by gas cutting?
102) Have you used laser cutting for a 10mm thk plate?
Forge Your Future: Master Mechanical Engineering with M CAD Solution's Specialized domain Courses!
Discover the path to success through our specialized mechanical engineering domain courses. Enroll now with AM CAD Solution and unlock your potential in the world of mechanical engineering.”
Register Now Get Discount
Remember to check the specific admission requirements and deadlines of M CAD Solutions, as they may vary. It’s also a good idea to reach out to their admission office or visit their website for detailed information on the admission process, required documents, and any additional steps you need to take. Good luck with your admission process!